Arizona State University’s International Students and Scholars Center is excited to welcome you to the Sun Devil family! Upon your arrival, we must register you in SEVIS to confirm your student status with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
You must complete the SEVIS new student check-in upon your arrival because you are one of the following:
- A first-time student.
- A student returning from a semester or more away.
- A student transferring from Global Launch.
- A student transferring from another school.
After you arrive in the U.S., you can use your smartphone or computer to complete SEVIS check-in by the program start date listed on your I-20 or DS-2019. Review the following steps to complete check-in.
- Upload copies of your immigration documents by signing in to My ASU and clicking on complete SEVIS check-in under Priority Tasks.
- Update your local U.S. phone number, local U.S. address and SEVIS (home country) address in My ASU by clicking the Profile tab.
Enroll full time. If you have difficulties finding classes, please contact your academic advising department listed in My ASU for assistance. ASU Sync and immersion courses are considered in-person courses, and iCourses are still considered online courses.