The International Students and Scholars Center would like to extend a huge congratulations to all spring 2019 Arizona State University graduates. As an F-1 student, you are given a 60-day grace period after your degree completion date when you may choose to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT), start a new program at ASU, transfer to a new institution, apply for a change in visa status or leave the U.S. Please keep in mind that on-campus employment cannot continue after degree completion.Apply for Optional Practical Training You can work in the U.S. after graduation. Applications for OPT can be submitted before your degree completion date and must be received by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services no later than 60 days after your degree completion date.Start a new program at ASU If you are admitted to a new program at ASU, you must request an I-20 from ISSC reflecting the new degree program at ASU.Transfer to a new institution If you are admitted to a new institution, you must contact ISSC to begin the SEVIS record transfer process.Apply for a change of status If you have applied to change your immigration status, you should contact ISSC immediately after receiving a Notice of Action from USCIS to get your record updated in SEVIS.Leave the U.S. If you have completed your degree and do not choose one of the options above, you will have a 60-day grace period in which you must depart the U.S.You are advised to keep your immigration documents indefinitely, including all of your I-20s. The ISSC keeps student files only for a limited period of time and will not be able to assist with requests for documents or verification of student status after these files have been destroyed.Please contact the ISSC with any questions at 480-727-4776 or