The International Students and Scholars Center would like to extend a huge congratulations to all fall 2018 Arizona State University graduates. As an F-1 student, you have several options after completing your program of study. You may choose to apply for Optional Practical Training , start a new program at ASU, transfer to a new institution, apply for a change in visa status or leave the U.S.Apply for Optional Practical TrainingYou can work in the U.S. Applications for OPT can be submitted before your completion (graduation) date and must be received by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services no later than 60 days after completing your academic program.Start a new program at ASUStudents admitted to a new program at ASU must request an I-20 from ISSC reflecting the new degree program at ASU.Transfer to a new institutionStudents admitted to a new institution must contact ISSC to begin the SEVIS record transfer process.Apply for a change of statusStudents who have applied to change their immigration status should contact ISSC immediately after receiving a Notice of Action from USCIS to have their records updated in SEVIS.Leave the U.S.Students who complete their program of study are given a 60-day grace period in which to depart the U.S.Immigration DocumentsGraduating students are advised to keep their immigration documents indefinitely. The ISSC keeps student files only for a limited period of time and will not be able to assist with requests for documents or verification of student status after these files have been destroyed. Please contact the ISSC with any questions you may have at 480-727-4776 or