Full Time Enrollment Reminder
As a reminder, Arizona State University F-1 and J-1 international students must be enrolled full time by the start of the fall semester, Aug. 16, 2018.
How many credits must I enroll in as an international student to be full time?
To maintain SEVIS compliance, F-1 and J-1 international students must enroll in a full course of study. A full course of study, or full-time status, is determined by:
- the number of credits you are enrolled in for the semester
- the number of in-person and online credits you are enrolled in
- the combination of sessions (A, B and C) you are enrolled in
- whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student
- While students may register for credits in various sessions, students are required to enroll in on-campus courses for credit through the entire semester (session C or a combination of session A, B and C courses).
- Hybrid courses have a combination of in-person and online components and may not be permitted by some government-sponsored programs.
- If you are a government-sponsored student, make sure before registering that you are permitted to take online or hybrid classes.
Are you graduating this fall 2018 semester?
If fall 2018 is your final semester, or if you are completing thesis or dissertation hours only and will be a part-time student, you must submit a request to the ISSC for approval of your part-time enrollment no later than Aug. 16, 2018.
Please contact the ISSC with any questions at 480-727-4776 or ISSC@asu.edu.