Social Security representatives at Tempe
Representatives from the Social Security Administration will be on the Tempe campus to accept Social Security number applications from international students. Please join us:
Thursday, Aug. 30
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Memorial Union, Cochise room 228
A Social Security number application will be accepted at this event only if you meet the following requirements:
- You have obtained an on-campus job.
- You have not applied for a Social Security number in the past.
- You have a Social Security recommendation letter from the ASU International Students and Scholars Center.
If you are interested in attending this event, the last day to request a Social Security recommendation letter from the International Students and Scholars Center is Monday, Aug. 27 by 5 p.m. For further instructions on how to request your Social Security recommendation letter, please contact the ISSC at 480-727-4776 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To attend this event, you must register by 5 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 27.
What should you bring with you to the event on Aug. 30?
You must bring two copies of each of the following documents to the event:
- Social Security recommendation letter obtained from ISSC
- offer letter from your employer
- I-20 or DS-2019
- I-94 form (print the form)
- F-1 or J-1 visa
- completed SSA application