As an international student in the U.S., you must complete and submit tax forms to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service if you lived in the U.S. for any part of 2019. Here’s what you need to know: U.S. Federal requirementsIf you did not earn any income from U.S. sources, you must file IRS form 8843 by April 15, 2020.If you earned income from U.S. sources, including fellowships and scholarships, you must file federal taxes using IRS form 8843 and either IRS form 1040NR-EZ (without dependents) or 1040NR (with dependents) by April 15, 2020. AZ and other requirementYou may also be required to file a tax return for every state you earned income in during 2019. For Arizona, you will file the Arizona Department of Revenue form 140NR. Necessary documents  You will need the following documents to file your taxes:W-2 form from every employer you had in 2019.If you worked for ASU and have not received your W-2, check My ASU. If you’re still unable to locate it, please contact ASU Human Resources.If you worked for a company other than ASU, including Aramark, Follett Bookstore, or through CPT or OPT, please contact their human resources department. Form 1042-S (if applicable*) If you have not received this document, first check your Glacier record. If you’re still unable to locate it, please contact* You may receive a 1042-S if you received tax treaty benefits from ASU in 2019 or had other taxable money that was not paid through payroll. Please keep in mind that no ASU staff member is able to provide personal assistance with the completion of tax compliance while in their official roles at ASU. This includes acting as tax consultants or providing tax advice related to the completion of the forms. ASU has partnered with Sprintax and VITA to offer tax filing assistance. A Sprintax information session and several VITA Tax workshops will take place in the coming weeks.  Learn more…  Watch video contact the International Students and Scholars Center at 480-727-4776 or with any questions.