Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
Upon arrival to the U.S. (or arrival to ASU for SEVIS transfer students), you must complete a mandatory SEVIS check-in online through the ISSC eForm. You will find the link to the eForm on your My ASU under Priority Tasks. You do not need to report your arrival in-person.
1. Arrive to the U.S. and ASU no later than the start date listed on your ASU I-20 or DS-2019.
2. Gather your immigration documents and have your LOCAL address (in US Postal Service format).
ASU I-20 or DS-2019
Passport (all pages showing biographical information and photo)
F-1 or J-1 visa, or Approval Notice (Canadian citizen will not have a student visa)
Electronic I-94 that can be retrieved from U.S. Customs and Border Protection website. Click on GET MOST RECENT I-94.
3. Log in to My ASU and click on Complete SEVIS Check-in under your Priority Tasks. Read and follow the instructions.
4. Submit the eForm. After submitting the eForm close the browser by clicking the X to close the page. Do not cancel the eForm.
5. Receive email confirmation of successful eForm submission
If you have F-2 or J-2 dependents, they will be automatically activated when your record is activated.
If your DS-2019 was not issued by ASU, please be sure to follow the requirements from your J-1 Exchange Visitor sponsor for reporting your arrival.
ASU ISSC will contact you by phone or email if further information or documentation is needed.
When your eForm status shows approved, we have completed your SEVIS Registration to activate your SEVIS record. You will receive an email when your continued attendance I-20 is ready to be picked up from the ISSC.
Sign and date your new I-20. This is now your most current I-20 to use for travel. Be sure to put your previous I-20 in a safe place. You are required to keep all of your original I-20s for your records.
As long as you comply with immigration regulations and maintain your lawful F-1 status, your SEVIS registration will be processed every semester. You do not need to complete the SEVIS check-in every semester you enroll at ASU.
Your J-1 record is only required to be validated once in the first semester you are at ASU.