Arizona State University is committed to the success of our international students by providing a variety of student success resources.
Let's Chat Series is designed to help engage and assist ASU’s international students. We host fun and interactive weekly workshops and offer free tutoring for English-related questions. Brought to you through a collaboration between International Students and Scholars Center (ISSC) and Global Launch, Let's Chat Series gives students a chance to make new friends, practice their English skills, and learn in a new way.
Let's Chat: Communication Workshops
Let’s Chat Series gives students a chance to make new friends, develop their communication skills and learn in a fun, new way.
To attend any of these workshops, register here!
- Starting Conversations with American Peers: Small Talk Friday
- Friday, Jan. 15: 2–3p.m.
- Slang and Idioms in the Workplace
- Wednesday, Jan. 20: 2–3 p.m.
- Rapid Resume Review
- Thursday, Feb. 2: 4–5 p.m.
- Interviewing Skills
- Wednesday, Feb. 10: 6–7 p.m.
- Tipping? Bartering? Explained
- Wednesday, Feb. 17: 2-3 p.m.
- Giving a presentation? Learn about Presentation Skills
- Wednesday, Mar. 24: 2–3 p.m.
- Communicating in Virtual Meetings
- Thursday, Apr. 1: 8–9 a.m.
- Humor and Sarcasm: Understanding Office Jokes
- Tuesday, Apr. 13: 8–9 a.m.
- Preparing for your Internship
- Wednesday, Apr. 21: 2–3 p.m.