International students must submit valid proof of funding to the International Students and Scholars Center when requesting certain updates to an I-20: extension to the program end date, change of degree level, adding a dependent, etc.
Students who are newly admitted to ASU and requesting their initial I-20 should continue to work with Admissions Services to receive their I-20.
Students who are admitted to Global Launch should continue to work with Global Launch to receive their I-20.
Funds must show at least:
For ASU students at Downtown Phoenix, Polytechnic, Tempe, West
- $50,139 for graduate students
- $55,373 for undergraduate students
For ASU students at the ASU@Lake Havasu
- $31,871 for undergraduate students
- If you have dependent(s), add the amount accordingly: Spouse - $7,000 | Each Child - $5,000.
- Students on Active Post-OPT or STEM OPT Extension only need to provide a financial guarantee showing $7000 for spouse and/or $5000 for each child.
- Program fees may be added to your I-20 according to your major.
- Funds must be in U.S. dollars. If in a foreign currency, the financial document must indicate the U.S. dollar equivalency.
- If the financial documents are not in English, a certified translation of the documents must be submitted along with the original documents.
- Tuition cost and living expenses figures are taken from the Financial Assistance website:
- ASU Insurance cost is provided by ASU Health Insurance.
- Undergraduate tuition is based on 12 hrs, Graduate is based on 9 hrs.
- Student-Initiated fees, Graduate Student Support Fee, SEVIS Fee, and Loan fee were added under Living Expenses and Mandatory fees.
- Room, Board, and living expenses are averaged of the cost for all campuses (except Havasu) and living off-campus.