Skip to main content

On-campus employment information

Welcome to a new academic year at Arizona State University!

As a J-1 visa holder with a DS-2019 issued by ASU, any on-campus job you may hold with ASU must receive approval before starting the position. If you are continuing your position, you must report it each semester to maintain immigration compliance.

These positions include, but are not limited to, research or teaching assistantships, graduate student assistants, on-campus jobs, fellowships, etc.

To report your on-campus employment, please complete and submit the J-1 On-Campus Employment Authorization Request eForm through the MyISSC eForm Portal.

As a reminder, you must resubmit this form if you change, add, extend, or discontinue your on-campus employment.

As always, the ISSC is here for you, no matter where you are or what time zone you are studying in. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us at . You can also make an appointment with an ISSC staff member.