If you cannot find an answer on our website, please send an email from your ASU email account. One of our staff members will respond to your email in as little as 48 business hours for most inquiries.
Keep in mind that several of our processes, such as applying for employment authorization, are cyclical and may require additional time during peak season.
We ask that you wait for at least 2 business days for a response to your email from our office before following up.
If your question is too complicated to answer via email, you may be directed to our Drop-in Immigration Advising hours to speak with one of our advisors.
If you have any general questions and cannot find your answer on our website, please give our main office a call at 480-727-4776 during our regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Arizona time), excluding ASU holidays. Our team will be more than happy to assist.
Please note, the following are NOT appropriate reasons to call the ISSC main office:
- The status of eForms and other processing requests
- Complex immigration issues (please consider virtual drop-in advising instead)
- Questions about financial, academic, or other non-ISSC related holds
Non-Tempe Campus Visits
An ISSC Advisor will visit the Polytechnic campus and the Downtown Phoenix campus frequently during the semester. To meet with an advisor during those campus visits, please see here for more information.
Drop-In Immigration Advising
Students needing help with complex F-1 immigration issues are encouraged to meet one-on-one with an international student advisor during our Drop-In Advising session hours. Advising sessions will take place Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 3 p.m. AZ Time, and be limited to 20 minutes. Beginning July 31, 2023, the ISSC will offer both in-person and virtual drop-in advising.
In-person Drop-In Immigration Advising Schedule:
Mondays from 1-3 p.m.
Tuesdays from 9-11 a.m.
Thursdays from 1-3 p.m.
Friday from 9-11 a.m.
Virtual Drop-In Immigration Advising via Zoom Schedule:
Mondays from 9-11 a.m.
Tuesdays from 1-3 p.m.
Thursdays from 9-11 a.m.
Fridays from 1-3 p.m.
In-person Drop-In Immigration Advising
Students interested in meeting with an advisor in-person should come to the ISSC office on the Tempe campus and check-in with our Front Desk. Students will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
What to expect during In-person Drop-In Immigration Advising:
- After completing the check-in with our Front Desk, you will be asked to wait in our waiting area for your turn to meet with an advisor.
- Please note that during high volume times there may be a number of students waiting and you may need to wait several minutes to meet with an advisor.
- When it is your turn, an advisor will come to greet you in the waiting area and bring you into their office area.
- Please note that if you have more to discuss after the 20 minutes of allowed time, the advisor will arrange some type of follow up (email, appointment, etc.) as they see fit.
- To meet with an advisor, you must check-in with our Front Desk by 10:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. for the 9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 3 p.m. In-person Drop-In Advising hours respectively.
Virtual Drop-In Immigration Advising
The Zoom link for Virtual Drop-In Immigration Advising will appear on our website during the times noted above for Virtual Drop-In Advising hours. You must make sure that you are logged into your ASU email account prior to clicking on the link. Additionally, please make sure you have thoroughly reviewed the ISSC website prior to joining us for Virtual Drop-In Immigration Advising.
What to expect during Virtual Drop-In Immigration Advising:
- When joining the link for Virtual Drop-In Immigration Advising, you must sign yourself into our Front Desk Check-In System. Please enter your ASU ID and the reason you want to speak to us.
- After completing the Front Desk Check-In and joining the drop-in advising link, you will be admitted into a Zoom waiting room.
- Please note that during high volume times there will be several students signing into the Zoom meeting room at once, and you may need to wait several minutes to meet with an advisor. Students will be admitted into the Zoom meeting room in the order that they complete the Front Desk Check-In. Each time you sign in you will move to the end of the queue. Please be sure to sign in only once.
- Once admitted, an ISSC advisor will greet you and admit you into their respective Zoom breakout room for your one-on-one advising session. Please accept the breakout room invite to join the advisor’s room and begin your advising session.
- Once you have finished your meeting with an ISSC advisor and you have no further questions, you do not need to return to the Zoom main room. Simply, click “Leave Meeting.”
- Please note that if you have more to discuss after the allowed 20 minutes have passed, the ISSC advisor leading your session will ask you to leave the Zoom meeting room and/or arrange some type of follow up (email, appointment, etc.) as they see fit.
- ISSC advisors may not be able to advise on situations not related to F-1 immigration issues. You may need to speak with an experienced immigration attorney.
- Please note that all students who have signed into the Zoom room and completed the Front Desk Check-In will be seen by an ISSC advisor before the Virtual Drop-In Advising hours end. The Zoom link on our website will disappear at 10:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. for the 9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 3 p.m. Virtual Drop-In Immigration Advising hours respectively.
Join Drop-In Immigration Advising for questions about:
- Change of Degree Level
- Change of Major
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Enrollment Issues
- I-20 Extension
- F-2 Dependents
- Change of Status to F-1
- ISSC Hold on Account
- International Travel
- On-campus Employment
- Pre-Completion OPT (Pre-OPT)
- Post-Completion OPT (Post-OPT)
- Returning Students
- Reduced Course Load
- STEM OPT Extension
- Social Security Number
- Taking a Break From Study
- Transfer Out
- Visa Issues