If you cannot find an answer on our website, please send an email from your ASU email account. One of our staff members will respond to your email in as little as 48 business hours for most inquiries.
Keep in mind that several of our processes, such as applying for employment authorization, are cyclical and may require additional time during peak season.
We ask that you wait for at least 2 business days for a response to your email from our office before following up.
If your question is too complicated to answer via email, you may be directed to our Virtual Drop-in Advising hours to speak with one of our advisors.
If you have any general questions and cannot find your answer on our website, please give our main office a call at 480-727-4776 during our regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Arizona time), excluding ASU holidays. Our team will be more than happy to assist.
Please note, the following are NOT appropriate reasons to call the ISSC main office:
- The status of eForms and other processing requests
- Complex immigration issues (please consider virtual drop-in advising instead)
- Questions about financial, academic, or other non-ISSC related holds
Non-Tempe Campus Visits
An ISSC Advisor will visit the Polytechnic campus and the Downtown Phoenix campus frequently during the Spring 2023 semester. To meet with an advisor during those campus visits, please see here for more information.
Virtual Drop-In Advising
Students needing help with complex F-1/J-1 immigration issues are encouraged to meet one-on-one with an international student advisor over Zoom during our Virtual Drop-In Advising session hours. Advising sessions will take place Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 3 p.m., and be limited to 20 minutes.
The link for Virtual Drop-In Advising will appear on our website at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. You will want to make sure that you are logged into your ASU email account prior to clicking on the link. Additionally, please make sure you have thoroughly reviewed the ISSC website prior to joining us for Virtual Drop-In Advising.
What to expect during Virtual Drop-In Advising:
- When joining the link for Virtual Drop-In Advising, you must sign yourself into our Front Desk Check-In System. Please enter your ASU ID and the reason you want to speak to us.
- After completing the Front Desk Check-In and joining the drop-in advising link, you will be admitted into a Zoom waiting room.
- Please note that during high volume times there will be several students signing into the Zoom meeting room at once, and it may take a few minutes to enter. Students will be admitted into the Zoom meeting room in the order that they complete the Front Desk Check-In. Each time you sign in you will move to the end of the queue. Please be sure to sign in only once.
- Once admitted, an ISSC advisor will greet you and admit you into their respective Zoom breakout room for your one-on-one advising session. Please accept the breakout room invite to join the advisor’s room and begin your advising session.
- Once you have finished your meeting with an ISSC advisor and you have no further questions, you do not need to return to the Zoom main room. Simply, click “Leave Meeting.”
- Please note that after the allowed 20 minutes have passed, the ISSC advisor leading your session will ask you to leave the Zoom meeting room and/or arrange some type of follow up (email, appointment, etc.) as they see fit.
- ISSC advisors may not be able to advise on situations not related to F-1 or J-1 immigration issues. You may need to speak with an experienced immigration attorney.
- Please note that all students who have signed into the Zoom room and completed the Front Desk Check-In will be seen by an ISSC advisor before the Virtual Drop-In Advising hours end. The Zoom link on our website will disappear at 10:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. for the 9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 3 p.m. Virtual Drop-In Advising hours respectively.
Join Virtual Drop-In Advising for questions about:
- Change of Degree Level
- Change of Major
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Enrollment Issues
- I-20 Extension
- F-2 Dependents
- Change of Status to F-1
- ISSC Hold on Account
- International Travel
- On-campus Employment
- Pre-Completion OPT (Pre-OPT)
- Post-Completion OPT (Post-OPT)
- Returning Students
- Reduced Course Load
- STEM OPT Extension
- Social Security Number
- Taking a Break From Study
- Transfer Out
- Visa Issues