A financial guarantee serves as a contract between the student, the sponsor, and ASU. It allows ASU to bill the Sponsor for the tuition and fees agreed upon in the document. The document itself typically includes your approved major and length of the scholarship.
A sponsor may opt-out of paying a specific charge, such as tuition and fees for online or hybrid courses, courses taken at another institution, or specific university fees. Charges not covered by your sponsorship will remain your financial responsibility.
Sponsorship does not mean all tuition and fee charges reflected on your student account will be covered by the sponsor. You must regularly monitor your financial account to ensure all charges are cleared in a timely manner to avoid late fees.
What are some of the ASU costs typically NOT covered by sponsors?
- Parking fines and fees.
- ASU Payment Plan and Student Account late fees.
- Library late fees.
- Printing fees.
- Late enrollment fees.
- Insurance co-pays and Student Health Services usage fees.
The charges above will not be invoiced to a sponsor unless specific language within the financial guarantee clearly states the charge will be covered by the sponsor.
What are some of the typical ASU charges and costs covered by sponsors?
- Mandatory fees, including:
- Student health insurance (unless provided by sponsor)
- Technology fee
- Student service facility fee
- Student programs fee
- Health and wellness fee
- Recreation fee
Learn more about third party sponsorships.
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting your financial guarantee
You must submit a copy of your financial guarantee to ASU every time you receive one, whether for the first time or an updated version, in order to ensure that billing of your sponsor is not interrupted and to avoid late fees on your account.
Please follow these steps for submitting your financial guarantee:
Submit your financial guarantee to ISSC
Email a PDF version of your financial guarantee to email@example.com.
The validity of your new financial guarantee will be reviewed by the ISSC and Student Business Services. If there are any issues with your financial guarantee, you will be contacted by email. If your financial guarantee is accepted, your tuition and fees will be billed to your sponsor. Check the Finance tab in My ASU to see your student account information.
- Your financial guarantee must be valid at all times. It is your responsibility to contact your sponsor for a new financial guarantee and submit a copy to Student Business Services and the ISSC.
- Due to system limitations, you will not be formally notified when your financial guarantee expires, so be aware of when your term is ending.
- You must monitor your financial account regularly. Your sponsor will be billed for tuition and related fees, but the account is in your name. Any charges that are not paid by your sponsor are your responsibility.
- If your account becomes delinquent, ASU has the right to place a hold on your account that will prevent registration, access to grades, transcripts, and your diploma. You may also be charged late fees.
- Any changes to your financial guarantee must be submitted to Student Business Services and the ISSC.