Sponsored Students at ASU
The International Students and Scholars Center is pleased to serve as your primary resource regarding sponsor-related questions and processes while attending Arizona State University. We staff a team dedicated to supporting the sponsored student population and who are specially trained to assist in matters related to the sponsored student experience at ASU.
Who is considered a sponsored student?
A sponsored student is a student who meets the following two requirements:
- The student receives funding to attend ASU from a third party organization (the sponsor). Sponsors are typically government organizations or private companies.
- The student's sponsor will be billed directly for the student's tuition and fees by ASU.
A student is not classified as a sponsored student when the student receives scholarship funds directly and remains responsible to pay ASU for tuition and fees through their student account. Students who are sponsored by a family member for their studies are also not considered sponsored students.
Some of the companies and government agencies that sponsor ASU students include:
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
- Kuwait Cultural Office
- Oman Cultural Division
- Qatar Defense Attaché
- Qatar Higher Education Institute
- Qatar Petroleum
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission
- UAE Cultural Division
- UAE – Military Attaché
- UAE Scholarship Coordination Office