Skip to main content

Are you planning to travel outside of the U.S. this summer? Please review updates from the International Students and Scholars Center and Immigration and Travel Resources prior to your travel dates, and be sure to submit your request for a travel signature now to avoid any delays.Do I need a travel signature?When traveling outside the U.S. Check page 2 of your I‐20 or page 1 of your DS‐2019 for a valid travel signature. Travel signatures are required to re-enter the U.S.For current students, travel signatures are valid for one year from the date last signed (including CPT and Pre-Completion OPT).For students on Post-Completion OPT or STEM OPT, signatures are valid for six months from the date last signed.When traveling within the U.S.You do not need a travel signature, but you must carry identification documents with you, including your I‐20 or DS‐2019, your I‐94 card, and a valid passport.How can I get a travel signature on my I-20 or DS-2019?Please make sure you are enrolled full time in the fall semester prior to submitting your request. F-1 students: Submit an electronic travel signature request. J-1 degree-seeking students or exchange students through the ASU Study Abroad Office (ASU issued your DS-2019): Submit an electronic travel signature request. J-1 students sponsored by IIE-Fulbright, LASPAU or AMIDEAST: Contact your program sponsor directly for travel signature information.How can I guarantee that I will receive my travel signature by the end of the semester?Please submit your eForm request by Friday, April 5, 2019, to make sure you will receive your travel signature on or before April 26. Requests received after April 5 are not guaranteed to be processed before the last day of classes.RemindersThe ISSC is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Update your emergency contact information in My ASU so we can contact the correct person if we ever need to.Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching us at 480-727-4776 or