Skip to main content
Travel reminder

Are you planning to travel during the fall semester, including fall break? Be sure to submit your travel signature request to the International Students and Scholars Center as soon as possible to avoid any delays.

Do you need a travel signature?

If you are planning to travel out of the country, check page two of your I‐20 or page one of your DS‐2019 for a valid travel signature. Travel signatures are required for current students to re-enter the U.S. and are valid for one year from the date last signed. For students on OPT, signatures are only valid for six months from the date last signed. Before making travel arrangements, we encourage you to contact your airline for any updates to travel restrictions. 

What are the documents needed to re-enter the U.S.?

How can you get a travel signature?

You can submit your travel signature request for your I-20 or DS-2019 document using the MyISSC eForm Portal. Processing time can take up to 10 business days. Please note that you do not need a travel signature to depart the U.S., only to re-enter.