According to our records, you were issued an I-20 or DS-2019 from ASU with a program start date of Jan. 9, 2023. You must complete the SEVIS New Student Check-in upon your arrival because you are one of the following:
- A first-time student.
- A student returning from a semester or more away.
- A student transferring from Global Launch.
- A student transferring from another school.
After you arrive in the U.S., you can use your smartphone or computer to complete SEVIS Check-in by the program start date listed on your I-20 or DS-2019. Review the following steps to complete check-in.
- Upload copies of your immigration documents by signing in to My ASU and clicking on complete SEVIS Check-in under Priority Tasks.
- Update your local U.S. phone number, local U.S. address and SEVIS (home country) address in My ASU by clicking the Profile tab.
- Enroll full time. If you have difficulties finding classes, please contact your academic advising department listed in My ASU for assistance. Immersion and hybrid courses are considered in-person courses, while iCourses and ASU Sync courses are still considered online courses.
- Register for International Arrival and Welcome.
Failure to complete SEVIS Check-in upon your arrival to the U.S. will result in the loss of your F-1 or J-1 status and termination of your SEVIS record. If you have received permission from your academic department for a late arrival, please complete SEVIS Check-in as soon as you arrive in the U.S. Entering after your program start date is at your own risk.
If you are a J-1 student and your DS-2019 was issued by an institution other than ASU, like IIE-Fulbright, LASPAU or AMIDEAST, you must report to the officer who signed your DS-2019 for SEVIS program validation.