Skip to main content
On campus job

As an F-1 visa holder in the U.S., you are eligible to work on campus when you are enrolled in classes at ASU. Working on campus allows you to gain valuable professional work experience as well as the ability to make money to support your studies.  

To be eligible to work on campus, you must meet full-time enrollment requirements or have an approved Reduced Course Load Request for the spring 2023 semester. As a reminder, working off campus without authorization will put your immigration status in jeopardy. If you need off-campus work authorization, please review our website.

Once you have secured on-campus employment, you will be eligible to apply for a Social Security number if you do not already have one. An SSN is required for you to work in the U.S. but does not authorize you to work off campus. You do not need an SSN to open a bank account, rent an apartment, start a mobile phone contract or obtain a credit card.