Skip to main content
Three students on campus having a conversation and smiling.

Travel reminder

The International Students and Scholars Center wishes you a successful end to the spring 2023 semester. If you are planning to travel during the summer break, we want to provide you with important information. 

Travel reminders 

COVID-19 vaccination requirements

Students planning to re-enter the U.S. must be fully vaccinated in order to enter the U.S. Any ASU student not vaccinated can receive vaccines for free at any ASU Health Services location. ASU Health Services has locations on all four campuses, and you can walk in or make an appointment through the patient health portal

We also encourage you to review the CDC’s website for a list of acceptable vaccines and other important information.  

Travel assistance

Prior to traveling to the U.S. for the start of the fall 2023 semester, please review our travel website for important information and reminders. This webpage contains a list of documents required for re-entry. 

Additionally, please download, print and carefully read the ASU Support Letter linked below. Remember to bring a physical copy of this document in your carry-on luggage during your travels.

ASU Support Letter 

Need a travel signature? 

If you are a student with a continued attendance I-20 and are planning to travel back to the U.S., remember to check page 2 of your I‐20 or page 1 of your DS‐2019 for a valid travel signature. You can review our website for additional documentation required when re-entering the U.S.

Travel signatures are required to re-enter the U.S., and are valid for one year from the date last signed for current students.

-- DC = Post-OPT, STEM-OPT --

Travel signatures are required to re-enter the U.S. for students on Post-OPT or STEM-OPT, and are valid for six months from the date last signed.

-- End DC --

If you are traveling within the U.S., you do not need a travel signature, but you must carry identification documents with you, including your I‐20 or DS‐2019, a printout of your I‐94, and a valid passport.

How to get a travel signature

Submit a travel signature request for your I-20 or DS-2019 document using the ISSC self-service portal. Remember that a travel signature is NOT required to depart the U.S. It is only required when re-entering.