Skip to main content

The spring semester break is coming up, and if you are planning to travel out of the U.S., we want to provide you with some important travel information.

Travel reminders


Need a travel signature?

Please check page two of your I‐20 or page one of your DS‐2019 for a valid travel signature. You can review our website for additional documentation required when re-entering the U.S.

Travel signatures are required to re-enter the U.S. and are valid for one year from the date last signed for current students.

If you are traveling within the U.S., you do not need a travel signature, but you must carry identification documents with you.

How to get a travel signature

If you currently do not have a travel signature or your travel signature is no longer valid, please submit your travel signature request for your I-20 or DS-2019 document using the MyISSC eForm Portal. Remember that a travel signature is NOT required to depart the U.S. It is only required when re-entering.

Please plan ahead as the ISSC does not expedite travel signature requests.

Upon your return

Every time you re-enter the U.S., your I-94 record should reflect your most recent entry. We would advise that you check your I-94 record a week or so after you enter the U.S. to ensure it is up to date.


Have questions? Contact the ISSC.

Send an email
Give us a call
Virtual drop-in immigration advising
Mondays 9–11 a.m.
Tuesdays 1–3 p.m.
Thursdays 9–11 a.m.
Fridays 1–3 p.m.
(Arizona Time)
In-person drop-in immigration advising
Mondays 1–3 p.m.
Tuesdays 9–11 a.m.
Thursdays 1–3 p.m.
Fridays 9-11 a.m.
(Arizona Time)