Skip to main content
J-1 scholar travel

J-1 scholar visa renewal

If you are planning to renew your expired J-1 visa in your home country, you must apply early and should expect delays. Contact ISSC to set up an appointment for a travel signature on your current DS 2019 at least 7 business days prior to departure. This does not include weekends or ASU observed holidays.

You'll need these documents to renew your visa:

  1. SEVIS DS-2019 form with an updated travel signature from ASU ISSC.

  2. Passport (valid six months into the future), unless exempt by country-specific agreements.

  3. Offer letter.

  4. Financial guarantee (if you are not funded by ASU).

Provide any additional supporting documents as necessary.

Consult individual embassy websites for periodic updates on country-specific visa processing.