International students

Replacing a lost, damaged, or stolen I-20 or DS-2019

Replacing an I-20 or DS-2019

All international students who study in the United States must have a Form I-20 “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status” or Form DS-2019 Certificate of “Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status”

If you need to replace your  I-20 or DS-2019, please submit a request via the ISSC eForm Portal: 

If your DS-2019 is not issued by ASU ISSC, please contact your J-1 Program Sponsor for a replacement of your DS-2019. If your document is stolen, you may be asked to provide a police incident report.

You can request a replacement I-20 for one of the following reasons:

  • You require a travel signature
  • You have lost your I-20
  • Your I-20 has been damaged
  • Your I-20 was stolen
  • You require a continued attendance I-20
  • Visa Appointment
  • Remove COVID-19 remarks from current I-20
  • You are requesting to change your Post-OPT start date and have not yet submitted your application to USCIS
  • I-20 cannot be submitted to USCIS after 30th day of issuance
  • You need proof of approved OPT/employment
  • You need proof of updated employment on OPT
  • It is required for your H-1B or other visa application
  • I-20 cannot be submitted to USCIS after 60th day of issuance
  • You require a Cap-Gap Extension I-20