Making spring break travel plans?
Are you planning to travel during spring break? Be sure to submit your to Arizona State University’s International Students and Scholars Center early to avoid any delays.
Do you need a travel signature?
If you are planning to travel out of the country, remember to check page 2 of your I‐20 or page 1 of your DS‐2019 for a valid travel signature.
Travel signatures are required to re-enter the U.S., and are valid for one year from the date last signed for current students.
Following the recommendation from the advising travelers to avoid all nonessential travel to China, ASU has issued a travel restriction to China for all university faculty, staff and students, effective immediately. No institution-related travel to China, such as study abroad or other academic program visits, will be authorized or approved by the university. This travel restriction is similar to restrictions many businesses and organizations across the U.S. have implemented.
If you are traveling within the U.S., you do not need a travel signature, but you must carry identification documents with you, including your I‐20 or DS‐2019, a , and a valid passport.
How to get a travel signature
Submit your travel signature request for your I-20 or DS-2019 document using the .
Preparing for re-entry to the U.S.
Please be prepared to present the following documents to the Port of Entry officer upon your return to the U.S.:
- Passport (valid six months into the future).
- Valid F-1 or J-1 visa.
- Current I-20 or DS-2019 with valid travel signature.
- Copies of your unofficial transcripts and enrollment verification forms from ASU.
- An ISSC business card, if desired.
You should be able to demonstrate your ties to your home country by sharing your plans to return home after you complete your degree.
You may be asked to share all of the social media platforms you have used within the last five years. Be aware that you will be required to provide the following if requested:
- Username for each platform you use or have used.
- Current email address and phone number.
- Any email addresses and phone numbers you have used in the past five years
- Note: You will not be required to provide any of your passwords. Answer any and all questions honestly and calmly.